Learn more about what we do
Keratin Treatment: Express or Classic
If you’ve been thinking about getting a keratin treatment, you’ve probably been wondering which treatment is right for you – a full treatment or the express. They are both great options for smooth, silky hair, and today we’ll talk about the differences so you can decide which is right for you.
There are several similarities between the two treatments. Both leave your hair frizz-free and smooth. Both use keratin, a natural protein found in your hair, to repair damage and smooth out each strand. Both treatments condition your hair and leave it healthier with each treatment, especially since you don’t need to use heated styling tools to keep your hair under control. And both save you a ton of time each morning without hassling with a flat iron.
One of the differences is the time it takes for the process. A full keratin treatment can take about two to four hours, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. A keratin express treatment takes about 1.5 to two hours, so if your schedule is full, the express may be a better option. The other difference is how long it lasts. A full keratin treatment lasts about four to five months with proper aftercare. The express treatment lasts about one or two months, making the full treatment worth the extra time spent with the process.
Aftercare is about the same for both treatments and involves waiting before shampooing, tying up your hair, swimming, etc. The difference is the amount of time – for a full treatment, you need to wait at least 72 hours, and for the express you wait about eight to 12 hours. This is an important consideration if you workout every day, have an important upcoming event, or other activity where you’ll want to wash your hair. The waiting period is crucial for allowing the treatment to set in and the outer layer of your hair strands to seal up, so your new look lasts a long time. For both treatments, you’ll want to ask your stylists to recommend products to use when you do resume shampooing to keep your hair soft, smooth, and silky.
Learn more about what we do
5 BENEFITS OF KERATIN TREATMENT
Keratin treatments are increasingly popular with individuals who want to straighten their hair, eliminate frizz and make their hair stronger. Looking at a few keratin treatments before and after photos can help you to see the difference in the texture and luster of the hair. This is a good idea if you’re considering adding keratin to your hair care routine. If you want a better idea of the ways that keratin can make your hair look and feel better, you’ll find this information helpful. You will have a better idea of what to expect before your keratin treatment as you gain more insight into how to care for your hair afterward.
1. KERATIN PROTECTS CURLY HAIR A keratin treatment for curly hair is ideal if you like to wear your hair straight often and want to protect your natural curls. You’ll find that your hair is stronger and doesn’t break as easily during styling. Even if you don’t want to straighten your hair, the keratin treatment can help to loosen your curls, which may make your hair easier to manage. it does take a lot of heat for the keratin treatment to set in. Once you have gotten the treatment you will not have to apply as much heat on a daily basis that you usually do. The keratin treatment overall does help to cut down on heat damage. Keratin treatments are also said to last significantly longer than the Brazilian method for straightening hair. This means you could be getting more for your money if you use keratin on curly hair.
2. KERATIN ELIMINATES FRIZZ Keratin makes your hair sleeker and gives you a variety of styling options. This is great if you live in hot or humid areas. During the treatment, a few safe chemicals are applied to the hair to make it more polished while preventing flyaways and frizzy texture. The best professional keratin treatment can last for up to six months. It is recommended to consult with your hairstylist ahead of time to ensure that all the products used on your hair will prevent dryness and damage.
3. KERATIN MAKES YOUR HAIR STRONGER Applying keratin to the hair ensures that the bonds between the roots and follicles of your hair are open, then your roots are bonded to your hair again with protein. This means your hair will be more securely connected to your roots, which can keep your hair from falling out or being too limp. Your hair will stay healthier longer and you may even see that your hair is growing at a faster rate.
4. KERATIN PROTECTS YOUR HAIR Since your hair strands will be stronger after keratin is applied, you’ll find that your hair is better able to withstand environmental pollutants. Keratin gives your hair a shine that will remain in harsh, windy or dry weather. If you live in an area with lots of smog, keratin can keep your hair from becoming dull after exposure to these toxins.
5. KERATIN REDUCES BLOW DRYING TIME If you’re always on the go in the mornings, keratin treatments could be beneficial. They can cut down your blow-drying time. Your hair will be soft and silky, even in the warmer months of the year. You will not have to apply as much heat to your hair on a daily basis.